Thursday, December 27, 2007

Trying to save, Being Excommunicated From the Area

Figured I should check in, seeing as I’ll only have free internet for another day or so, and seeing as I just goaded J_V into triple (double) posting, I don’t want to take crap for being a hypocrite. Then again, I could’ve just told you I didn’t have internet…wait, no, I’ve been commenting. In any case, I just like the sound of my own typing.
I’m so ridiculously stoked for Galaxy, it actually hurts sometimes. I don’t think any of you can understand the despair I felt about a week ago, knowing that I had to slave through 11 days to make it back to my beloved (albeit uncomfortable) couch with my equally eager comrades. Alright, perhaps this trip isn’t exactly the epitome of “slaving” through 11 days. Indeed, I think I’ve been unfair to this trip, as instead of enjoying it, I sometimes think of what I’m missing. But with a mere 3 days to go, I’ve let myself get a little looser.
As tempting as it is to keep rambling without content or purpose about Mario, I’d actually like to remind my readers that this blog is not exclusively about video games.

Contrary to everything you’ve seen here in the last month.

So instead, I’ll follow in Juicy’s footsteps and tell you about my Christmas. Or lackthereof. Actually, it was quite nice to not make a big deal of the holiday. You see, unlike at home, the holiday was not commercially crammed down my throat here. In fact, if I hadn’t known the date, I wouldn’t even have guessed it was Christmas. I don’t think I heard a single song about Santa or Jesus all day, and while I take no issue with either figure, their music is not a favorite of mine.

My Christmas experience began the night of Christmas Eve. After having a great dinner, our restaurant served us their signature two desserts, one piece of chocolate mousse and a tube of some ice-cream-like substance. Having not really been eating the past four days just because I didn’t feel like it, I suddenly remembered how much I like food. I quickly polished off my plate and waited 5 minutes, knowing what was about to come. And indeed, I was eventually recruited to assist in the completion of the family member’s sweets. Needless to say, by the end of the night I was sugar-loaded. And like a 5-year-old boy, I couldn’t sleep at all that night.

Eventually exiled to the hotel lobby, I published the pathetic “Sob Story” and resorted to AIM to seek out conversation. Luckily the time change made times like 4 AM actual practical IMing times for friends back home. After waging meaningless conversation back and forth with several buddies I had no real desire to speak with just for something to do, I was finally contacted by Juicy.

The first main subject touched upon was me uncharacteristically complaining about my good situation. Just goes to show you all how I’m missing all of last year’s drama. Life is so uneventful now.

But the second topic was a bit more uplifting- The theater endeavor many of us have planned for this summer. After rereading the intitial 2 pages I wrote of the script (progress, I know) I realized that, if we really give, this could be both awesome and possible. Juicy can attest to how awesome the entire situation could be.
So I’ve decided there’s no turning back now. I’m really pumped to write this motherfo. I think a tight-knit group of friends working on such a momentous project would be awesome, and actually make us all feel productive for once. So this is it. When I get back, preparations begin. Who cares if the script is barely off its feet? I’ve got the concept, now I’ve just got to start writing instead of spending time doing homework, watching tv, playing video games.


Maybe not that last one. In any case, this all begins after Galaxy.

So this is it. Jump on the bandwagon; all the cool kids are doing it. This is going down; no turning back now.

-That Klingon Kid

You're the one I love
But I kill all that I see

4 comments:

gbz said...

"motherfo" is not an okay word...choose one or the other.

Speaking of the theater thing, we have to start that like now, or else it will go the way of ultraists...

Juicy said...

Second.

I will proofread that script like nothing any piece of writing has ever known if you wish, and I'm psyched for tech this summer!

PS thanks for all the shout outs!

OSK said...

I dunno, I think "motherfo" is kinda funny like Budhalicious's "Gosh darn motherfucker" in how the it contrasts...but criticism noted. And yeah, I'm aware that this doesn't mean jack shit if I don't actually do something about it, so I'm going to send a message out to the techies right when I get back. Like I said, it'd be nice to feel like we're actually doing something productive for once.

And hey, I haven't given up on ultraists yet...


Oh wait, that's right, I have.

dr_koopon said...

I talked to a couple of them, and a script would be very helpful and persuasive now. I think that without one, they might (very likely) not be willing to jump onto the bandwagon with the rest of us. Good writing would be encouraging, to say the least.

Dude... tomorrow.