Sunday, December 16, 2007

Revenge is 100 coins in 5 minutes

Letme tell you a sad story, followed by a tale of redemption.

I checked the online guide to see which episode of Noki Bay i should use for 100 coins (our first 100 coins exploit). When I checked, I was about 40 coins in. They said "The Boss of Tricky Ruins". I was doing the one with the red coin fish. Koops said there couldn't eb more than 20-30 coins underwater, and I could only find 50 above. So with 52 coins, I descended with little hope of success. I had already poured a solid 20 minutes into this star. You can imagine my ecstasy, then, when I discovered 60+ coins on the ocean floor. The shine sprouted out, and I swam to retrieve it.

Fuck, where'd it go? Without Koops' attention to detail, my companion and I were utterly unable to find the shine on the expansive underwater city landscape. After about 3 minutes of hanging on, I suffocated.

That sucks, by the way. It really sucks when that happens. It really does.

I was now armed with the knowledge of the proper episode to use. I was also armed with anger. Anger won over.

I chose the red coin fish again. In about five minutes, I grabbed 52 coins above the ocean floor, descended below, and got my 100. I watched where it went, I triumphed. It was ridiculously easy.

But there are more victories to be told. I now know where both secret stars in Noki Bay are. I figured the network of secret water-activated passages must be hiding a secret shine, and I was right. But it wasn't as blatant as I had thought. Atop the map, on a high cliff, was a tree with a golden bird. When said bird was sprayed, it turned into a shine. God help us with these secret shines.

-OSK

2 weeks...

No comments: