Monday, December 31, 2007

30 Stars Seems Like A Bigger Landmark Than 2008 Years

Secret stars? No such thing! Or so I wish. Truth is, they’re really hard. And once again, we’ve avoided them, and are now riding around in a bubble to get pieces of a transport star. Koops has two pieces to go. Died two times now, I’m not looking forward to this. We three are the only ones left here now; apparently watching us play Galaxy isn’t the most thrilling thing ever. Oh great, Koops just used the transport star and there’s another bubble to get through. J_V and I are going to have a lot of fun with this.
Okay, J_V’s turn.

It being 1:30 AM of January 1, 2008, I feel the need to address yet another fallacy- New Years. As we three gamers were surrounded by New Years enthusiasts tonight, I became quite confused. Never have I felt that the dropping of some ball in New York represents nor brings me to discover any great change in my life. I don’t need Lifehosue to sing about Dick Clarke to be able to reflect on my life. And maybe I don’t want to. But all of our guests seemed obsessed with the event.
New Year’s is one of those packaged holidays like Valentine’s Day and Christmas. They’ve become so much the product of the capitalist system (ratings for tv, showcasing celebrity performances) when really there’s not that much to celebrate. Could it be that people have the need to feel that they’ve changed and progressed and that they have an opportunity to resolve for the better?
In any case, this game is being awesome.

-OSK

Look at us, we’re making a statement
Look at us, we’re making a statement
Look at us, we’re making a statement
Look at us, we’re making a statement
Look at us, we’re making a statement
Look at us, we’re making a statement
Look at us, we’re making a statement
Look at us, we’re making a statement

1 comment:

Juicy said...

I always just saw new years as an excuse to party....you don't watch Dick Clark to reflect on your life, you watch it because if you're not out having fun on New Years at least you can watch other people who are, plus a few nice musical acts.