Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Solid Ground (Journal Entry #2 of Pilot Power Master Steel Crush HeliCyrus Razorclaw Cerebros)

A Preface: There were many Franks in many worlds, sometimes two in one world, or three, or four, but generally spread out in the universe, unaware of the effect the other Franks were having on his life. Some were even unaware of the other Franks’ existence. Such was the case with the Frank of Isolation. This Frank, The Frank, was a man in a world not his own, trapped in a world of green . Indeed, this was a foreign world to The Frank, who had lived all his life in the England-Wrestler-Transformer nation. Alone, and desperate for survival, he would strive to do the impossible by penetrating deeper into the mystery of this green world than any person had before.

The Frank had no idea how this would affect he and the other Franks in the grand scheme of things.


I, Pilot Power Master Steel Crush HeliCyrus RazorClaw Cerebros, feel my hands shaking as I sail over the first of these mysterious blocks. I am not so much upset as nervous. Indeed, my despair over the death of co-pilot RedShirt seems to have disappeared. The academy employs the Redshirt family for this reason; mourning never seems to last until the next episode.
I, Pilot Power Master Steel Crush HeliCyrus RazorClaw Cerebros, have no idea what these green floor, ceiling, and blocks mean, but their ridgy surfaces look uninviting. As the second block passes above me, I fear that this run cannot last forever. These blocks are not all aligned perfectly, and probability tells me, Pilot Power Master Steel Crush HeliCyrus RazorClaw Cerebros, that eventually I will be placed in a difficult situation.
I approach the third block, only to suddenly drop towards the top of it as the helicopter violently hiccups. I drop low enough to easily hit the block, but luckily I am barely past it. The thrash of the copter throws me forward onto the dashboard. I, Pilot Power Master Steel Crush HeliCyrus Razorclaw Cerebros, slam onto the interface of the copter’s computer. Suddenly the copter freezes in midair. I, Pilot Power Master Steel Crush HeliCyrus RazorClaw Cerebros, am obviously startled. Hesitant to raise myself from the controls (utilizing my wickedsexyamazing forearms), I peer up at the central display. A grey rectangle has appeared with several options. “Zoom In”, “Zoom Out”, “Select All”, among others. I, Pilot Power Master Steel Crush HeliCyrus RazorClaw Cerebros, suddenly realize that I have landed on the right-click pad of my computer (Yes, it makes total sense that two civilizations with no interaction or similar origins would have the exact same style of computer technology). Realizing this, I press harder on the right click, mortified of moving again. I, Pilot Power Master Steel Crush HeliCyrus RazorClaw Cerebros, gaze at the fuel gauge of the copter and realize the horrible reason for the copter’s hiccup: The fuel tank is all but empty. A leak must have been torn in the tank in the violent vortex which had brought me to this hellhole.
An idea strikes me. I, Pilot Power Master Steel Crush HeliCyrus RazorClaw Cerebros cannot fly more than a block or two more safely, and I must find fuel if I wish to continue. Perhaps it’s time to see exactly what this green stuff is made of. Holding down the right click with one hand, I rummage in my pocket desperately with my other, praying that OSK’s kindness has graced me with a deus ex machina. And there it is, a rubber band. Perfect.
I let go of the mouse. As the copter plummets, I, Pilot Power Master Steel Crush HeliCyrus Razorclaw Cerebros, intently peer at the approaching green ground, estimating the distance. A mere 100 feet above the ground, I tie the rubber band around the mouse, and the copter comes to a horrifying halt. Peering out the window, I estimate that we are but 40 feet above the bottom.
I grab a pistol, throwing the door open and dropping a rope ladder out the side. I grab emergency rations, good for 3 days. I, Pilot Power Master Steel Crush HeliCyrus razorClaw Cerebros grab an oxygen mask, and throw it on. Slowly I descend the ladder. The environment is suprisingly warm, and the black void even more shockingly gaping than it seemed from the inside. I reach the end of the ladder, 15 feet above the ground. I drop a pen from my pocket, it appears to land unaffected. Time for a leap of faith.

-Pilot Power Master Steel Crush HeliCyrus Razorclaw Cerebros

But…It’s pink.

No comments: