Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Black Room of Death Chroncles, Episode 2

There is a room where Mario (Luigi?) lies and waits for me. Waits patiently in the cold blackness of space, the biggest black room of death of all. They lie on my desk, they’ve tempted me every day to come into the dark room with them. But I cannot without my comrades. Now, driven to insanity by the allure of the treasure of a new adventure, I pace the room where they reside. This room is cold as a tomb, and their adventure will remain in it until I return. It will lie dead until my comrades and I come to reanimate it. I am a guard against impurity of playing; I will not allow myself or others (paper clip) to explore this adventure without our entire group. And yet here I am, facing a role-reversal. Suddenly I am the one going away, being waited for. I am the sole barrier between them and the black room of death. There is no way around it. I will have to live with this anguish for 10 days.

For you.

-OSK

Yeah, nightly, right.

No comments: