Saturday, December 15, 2007

Second World War, Third Round

Three nights of the weapon of video games above ground. Have I mentioned I love this game? Unfortunately the authority figures won't let this "marathon" go too long, for Koops and I have duties in the morning. Duties at something which will most certainly be snowed out if the weather reports are anything like predicted.
I don't know if I've stressed this yet, but I love secret levels. I just completed one (in two tries, I might add) which was awesomely massive and complex, involving pretty much every move in Mario repetoire. Im happy that Nintendo has, at least to some degree, preserved the raw How-Well-Can-You-Control-Mario aspect of Mario games, at least a little bit. After all, Mario was born of side-scrollers, so this is where the heart's at. Once again, I hope Galaxy was somewhat inspired by these levels, as I wouldn't mind if Mario kept being the opposite of Monkey Island.
We often talk about music which we associate with certain phases of the friend group (Mario 64, Pool table, etc.) I'm left to wonder what music I will associate with this endeavor. At the present time I'm thinking Rage/Audioslave, not because they're necessarily the best we're listening to, just because we're listening to them the most.
So we'ev decided to beat Bowser prematurely. Usually, i would consider this impure, but the entire town is flooded (inconvenient) and there's a ahine you can't get until you beat Bowser. So basically we have one more excuse to avoid all of the hard Shines.
By the way, blue coins are evil as hell. Like the beach shine sprite, we have discovered a blue coin which can only eb uncovered by spraying a patch of sand on a massive beach. MASSIVE beach.
Speaking of ebaches, I was playing my arch-nemesis today, Guitar Hero. I wasn't going to give in, but then I saw that one of the only two playable characters was Tom Morello. After shaming Morello's name by wrecking "Bulls On Parade", I gave up and went back to hating the game.

Koops is fighting Bowser...again.

-OSK

There is no way that sex could've worked.

3 comments:

Juicy said...

wait...since when do you have guitar hero?!?

dr_koopon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
OSK said...

I don't, I despise it. I was at a family thing.