Monday, December 17, 2007

Back to Hell

We've finally reached the part of the game where nothing is easy anymore. In an attempt to get 100 coins on Sirena Beach, I chose the episode prescribed by one guide. After acquiring 99 coins, I ate shit. Great. That was followed by hours of trying to get red coins ona secret level, which iI finally got on one of them. This has been a very productive session.

Actually, it's picking up. We've knocked off a few clutch (by which I mean easy) secret levels. We're also working on some of the secret shines,a nd I've got to say, I'm a bit dissapointed. The golden bird was a good indicator of shine quality, as most of these are random and represent in no way how clever or good at handling Mario you are. the most recent one we did involved spraying the sun. WTF? Actually, it didn't just involve it; that was the entire shine. WTF?

Once again, let me praise the use of height in this game. Standing atop the huge tree in Pianta Village, the intricacy of the landscape far below me is almost breathtaking, but then I remember it's a video game. And it's even more spectacular. Back to Sirena beach 100 coins. Joy.

-OSK

There doesn't seem to be anyone else besides us here.

No comments: