Friday, December 14, 2007

Out of Hell

I have conquered the hell which is the secret Yoshi level. I give Koops full credit for guiding me through that. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to have the Yoshi control to make it to the island in the first place.

A few complaints-

240 Blue coins. I thought we only needed 120. i thought we were doing so fucking well. Guess not. But seriously, how can anyone find all 240 blue coins hidden in random-ass locations around the entire game? Well, I guess Koops and I will find out exactly how it's done.

The Shine on the Beach- If you squirt a random part of a fairly large segment of beach for a while, you get a Shine Sprite. How the hell were we supposed to know about a shine sprite under a random patch of sand? I'm sure there were myriads of fans out there with 119 shines tearing their hair out over the location of the last ones. I mean c'mon, that's even clever. It's just random.

Once again, a complaint about the hell level. It's probably taken up hours of our night at this point. Especially since I proceeded to repeat the same Shine from level 1 over and over again literally 20 times to get 20 extra lives, which I did not end up needing. I swear, if Koops can ever make it onto this boat, he's going to be pretty damn good at it. If ever.

So if you're checking the times of tehse posts, you may have noticed how ridiculously epic this gaming marathon has been. This started at about noon, and it's now 10:12 AM. Slowly, we are becoming more and more masters of Mario Sunshine. Really, this is what vacation should be- No concept of time, no commitments whatsoever, no anything. And miraculously, not tired. Fuck the twelve hour rule- Why ever stop?

Speaking of never stopping, I'm thinking of legitimately speed-running SM64. I mean, I love it so much, why not? Wow, I really am a geek. Props to Koops for actually making it into the level, he's destroying it. But yeah, I'd be interested in getting some friendly "who can beat SM64 the fastest" competition to see who would reign victorious (Me). But I'm not cocky or anything (Player since 1997). Perhaps that'll keep Koops and J_V busy while I'm over the pond (tear). God knows they'll be lost without me.

You know, it's somewhat ironic- We (J_V) criticized Rainbow Road in SM64 for being uncreative. Random objects floating in the sky, no creative theme to any of it, unlike the other levels, which are all bound by the semi-realism of their environments. I agree with this opinion. However, all of the "Secret" levels in Sunshine purely involve floating objects in space, and they really are brilliant. Drop all te plot crap; how's your logic and how well can you handle Mario (without the water pack)?

Alright, marathon coming to a close. See you next time.

-OSK

For you

5 comments:

gbz said...

Have you really been playing for 22hrs straight?

OSK said...

About 21, yeah.

dr_koopon said...

time spent playing mario could be described as roughly equivalent to "epic."

And we did it all...

... for you...

Juicy said...

hard to sa-ay-ay!

Juicy said...

^ = cftsondw (Commenting For The Sake of Not Doing Work)