Monday, November 19, 2007

Rage Against the Mario

Okay, pick a star from SM64. Any star.


..................


I got that one today. Yup, 120 in one day. It was epic, magical, and a bit sad. Sad because this is a slight realization that the game that is a complete world to me can be summed up into a one day play-session. Whatever, this is outweighed by how awesome an act that is.
I've always been a video game whore, especially when it comes to Mario, but am I really such a Nintendo Zombie that i actually did this? No, not really. Under other circumstances, it's likely that I would've settled with getting 40 stars or so (easy ones, too) and then having a life for the rest of the day. However, all this media buzz over Galaxy has driven me crazy in anticipation of my turn to play this new Mario adventure, and the only thing that could sate my Mario craze was 64. Just as playing Galaxy before the traingle's time would be like going to a whore before your marraige night (paper clip), doing what I did today was pretty much the equivalent of not being able to marry that girl in the first place, and, in denial of your depression, self-serving.
But my Mario craving was not the only thing that I gave into today (Did I meantion I got all 120 stars? Just putting that out there), I also finally admitted to myself that I enjoy Rage Against the Machine. Yes, the band I once swore I would never enjoy has now made it into my library. I resisted, but between Dispatch covering "Bulls on Parade" (which caused me to fall in love with it), two thirds of State Radio being die hard Rage fans, and a recommendation from TTBM, I caved. All this does is further prove my theory that I am a music slut and I can be made to enjoy any music if I listen to it enough. Whatever, at least I haven't bought a Fergie album yet (Check back with me in a week).

Sorry, I don't have an exact time for this epic feat, as I wasn't planning on going all the way when I started (That's what she said). I estimate around 8 and a half hours. Maybe I should become one of those gamer geeks who speed runs the game to beat his own time.

Haha, maybe not.

But maybe.

-OSK

"ALLOFWHICHAREAMERICANDREAMSALLOFWHICHAREAMERICANDREAMSALLOFWHICHAREAMERICAN"

C'mon, there's making a statement and then there's being a moron.

9 comments:

Juicy said...

I'm generally not a fan of over-politicized music, but guerilla radio=awesome! I almost bought one of their CDs a few years back...

congrats on the feat, if it makes you feel any less like a loser I must have spent like 7 hours watching Law and Order yesterday, it was amazing...

Juicy said...

one more thought: If you're a music slut, I'm a gossip whore, and DrK is a manwhore, where does that put JV?

gbz said...

Not amongst you.

Juicy said...

riiiight....you surely have a promiscuous alter ego that just hasn't been named yet. didn't you once blog about whoring your blog out for advertising money?

blogwhore?

OSK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
OSK said...

Emma with the snipe.

gbz said...

I dont think that single example is enough to warrant calling me "blogwhore"

OSK said...

Hey, we're not saying it's a bad thing...

Juicy said...

*ponders all the other dirt she has on JV*

trust me, you should be glad I went with blogwhore : D