Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Meaning of Life (A Reimagining)

I think we can all agree that, at least to a slight degree (In my opinion to a fairly radical one) I have changed a bit as a person since Tuesday, June 13, 2006. This has certainly been reflected in my blogging, which I'd like to say has increased in quality, and hopefully in intrigue (This wouldn't be a huge feat, as I'm fairly sure my original posts had about the level of intrigue of a zombie lemon ( endlessly amusing, but definitely embarassing in retrospect...Wait, who am I kidding? The zombie lemon was awesome). I find it interesting that something that started so crumby, a place where I could simply make jokes with my friends, give them shout outs, and be weird, has managed to develop into a place where I can actually write my thoughts, while still goofing around with you guys (Because that's really the important part, isn't it?). I just had somewhat of a realization that this is an issue of depth developing from shallowness; talk about a one-track mind. But after I've brought up the idea of isolation time and time again since that one post, I fear I may've killed it to some degree. Okay, I never could really kill it since it's so awesome, but it didn't make for good post diversity. Thus, I'm not going to cram this Sam Shepard philosophy down your throat again until I actually have something good to say about it. Wow, digression.
In any case, I'd like to change my established views on the meaning of life, and, consequently, the mentality which is Peace, Love, and Star Trek (the idea, not the blog). My stated pupose in my original post was to spread hope regarding unity in the world, through the philosophy of Peace, Love, and Star Trek (Star Trek being representative of togetherness). But as my blog has matured, it has strayed from its original didactic intent, and focuses on my perception of the world. And if that helps you, great. If you hate my writing, fine. If you're just in it for the occasional laugh, cool, thats awesome. But don't think I'm in here with some higher agenda anymore. Really, I'm just here to chill.

-OSK

Only signing his name once.























-OSK

4 comments:

Juicy said...

dude, you actually thought your blog was going to help inspire world unity?

anyway...i would hardly call friendship (well, the good kinds anyway, mostly what we seem to have here) a shallow endaveor, your blog just swtiched focuses.

As for how you've changed since the beginning of the summer after (my) Junior year, I think we can all safely say you're definitley not alone there (though come to think of it, I haven't heard much from koops on the subject....)

OSK said...

I didn't think it would necessarily usher in world unity, but possibly that yes, it would convey it to anyone who wanted to listen to it.

An embarassingly naive and ambitious agenda, I agree. Consider my mandate revised.

gbz said...

The Star Trek part: one time, Geordi walks into Data's quarters where he's just sitting at his desk. Geordi asks what he's doing, to which Data replies "listening to poetry". Apparently, these aliens write poetry with big pauses in it, sometimes days long...kinda like that huge white space at the end of this post...

Sweet.

OSK said...

Indeed. Also, didn't Socrates (or at least some Grecian poet) write poetry/epics in which he would leave pages in a row blank whenever he rested between writing? I always thought that was where Berman and co. got the idea.