Wednesday, August 02, 2006

That Elusive Truth

For long I have been trying hard to discover why it is that blogging gives me a certain feeling of discomfort. Initially, I pinned the blame on the idea that I was paranoid and, to a degree, cold, not feeling fine with this blog acting as a window into who I am for others to glance at in passing and judge as they see fit. But no, I've decided that my entire being, my entire personality, is a window into my soul- Let's face it- Those of you who know me personally know that I tend to wear my emotions "on my sleeve" as the phrase goes. You want to know me, then know me. I don't really care- In fact I like it when you want to know me. To sum up a boring, redundant paragraph, I was wrong. Oh yeah, and I'm comma-happy.
The answer is simple, and, as Gavin would say, it is "disgustingly me". You see, the point of having a blog is to express your views. The issue with that is that in expressing your views, each blog entry in itself has to be some kind of attack on a notion, ideal, or system embraced by society as a whole, or a large portion of society. After a while I begin to feel that I've almost taken on an antagonistic role, or more specifically I begin to feel a bit like an outcast, the vaginal pad among the sea of tampons, if you will. I don't want to talk about politics, and other than that I think the world's running fairly smoothly, and in the places it isn't I think everyone's doing the best to make them smooth. So in a nutshell, I'll keep this blog generally upbeat and won't mention that both Stargates got a 1.5 this week (insert frowny emoticon here).

"A great turning point lies ahead of us. The children will go forward and discover themselves, come into their own as a race. Of that I have no doubt. The real question is whether they can support the population of the fatherland they have forgotten long ago."

- Cenron Henderson

4 comments:

Juicy said...

yeah, that was really out of the blue. and for the record, i dont think there is such a thing as a "vaginal pad" (seeing as they dont go in your vagina and all...)

but youre wrong. blogging can be very positive too. if you wanted, you could praise the way things are going at the moment, or just think of new and more efficient ways to do things without necessarily criticizing the old. not every post has to be a complaint.

how can you support someone saying something is "disgustingly [you]" why not fabulously you? if i were you id be annoyed at gavin ; )

gbz said...

Do you really beleive people are trying their best to solve the world's porblems in the really un-smooth-running places like sub-saharan Africa, Iran, North Korea, etc? Those places are run by selfish dictators who don't do anything humanitarian. The people have no oppurtunity to improve themselves due to poor or absent educational systems, a lack of political freedoms, and the fact that no global companies will invest there (which has helped countries like India, Mexico, and China). Nobody is trying to improve things there and the world is not moving smoothly.

OSK said...

Sorry Emma, I'm not exactly experienced with menstral relief.

Or am I?

Mwahahahahahahahahaha

Juicy said...

what do you mean turtle? he prefers young male frogs haven't you heard!