Monday, August 21, 2006

And Life Goes On

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/08/istargate_sg-1i_cancelled_iatlan.shtml

And now I'm over it. Maybe it's just because I don't really believe it yet, seeing that the last episode I ever see will not be until June, but seriously, it stinks, but it's just entertainment. Let's face it- Skiffy is a bunch of bozos. I mean finally they advertise an episode substancially enough (yes, the ever-beloved '200') and the ratings skyrocket, surpassing that of even Atlantis (Which, by the way, has been renewed[Can I get a woot woot?]), but too late, they've cancelled it already. I'm willing to bet that that episode brought back some viewers who had migrated elsewhere in the last year or so who will at least stick with it until it dies now, but the network just randomly decided to announce cancellation 2 months before usual, and so didn't even let us see how SG-1 did after the 200th episode.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/08/cooper_isg-1i_will_go_on.shtml

And he's completely right- If a show like 'Firefly', with 14 episodes can come back from the dead, SG-1 is almost guaranteed. Given, I'm not counting on a third network picking up the series, though that would be heavenly (wouldn't Spike be awesome for the job?), seeing that there's no way Skiffy will sell the rights to SG-1 while still airing Atlantis, but they're bound to pull a Farscape and give it a miniseries, or (and this is my preference) they'll follow in the footsteps of Trek and hit the big screen. The fans will not let this go with so much plot still unresolved.

Oh, and I totally made this post just to prove that this actually didn't have a huge impact on me, especially after the initial 30 seconds.

I do not have a man-crush on Ben Browder, but even if I did, what would be wrong with that? I'm sure it'd be just like Comedy Central's "The Roast of George Takai". Okay no, but he got picked on enough for it to be.

3 comments:

gbz said...

um...by posting about it, u kinda prove it did bother u...
and didnt the fans let it die by not watching it?

OSK said...

While there was certainly a drop-off in fans to a degree, many of those were casual viewers pushed away by the new time slots, lack of BSG, and SciFi's inability to advertise enough. The devout fan base is very large, but damn Tivo is screwing us over, among other elements.
Ignoring that, tens of countries around the world have massive amounts of Gate fans even bigger than that of the US, but SciFi doesn't profit off of them.

Juicy said...

s ok, we all know how much you're really hurting...

haha. "I am heterosexual. I am not currently interested in a relationship. I have a mancrush on Ben Browder"

PS: not bad : )