Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Dreaming of Breakfast With Friends

So one is forced to wonder why my URL is breakfastwithfriends instead of something like peaceloveandstartrek. Well, it's all part of an elaborate scheme to take over the tv and film industry. That and I'm sticking it to the man (my man justifiably_vertical, that is) as I prove that dreams of fame and fun aren't stupid and childish. But really, he's a cool guy.
You see, my original plan was to create a movie called "Breakfast with Friends" and sell it as an independent film. It was going to be a comedy that made fun of romantic comedies while at the same time being touching as it explored the deep friendships of a sort of "Breakfast Club" of the next generation. So this movie would be a huge hit, and then my myriad fans would say "Hey, I wonder if there's a 'Breakfast With Friends' blog" and they'd end up here, where they'd link to my site (scifiultraists.0catch.com) and boost its popularity so that website, my true love, would become extremely popular.
Not to say that I've aborted that plan, but I now have another reason to keep my seemingly random URL- justifiably_vertical. He and I were throwing around a joke about creating a sitcom in the vein of Seinfeld called "Breakfast With Friends" that would basically follow the day-to-day uniqueness of our ives and roamings. The thing is, I wasn't actually very serious about it, but the running joke prompted jverts to pound me for all of the dreams I had that "would never happen". I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I'm not into pessimism. After all, if no one ever had dreams, where would we be?
So all I ask of you tonight, my nonexistent readers, is to dream big, and don't ever let someone else bring you down. Oh yeah, and post something rude on justifiably_vertical's blog comments.

Bon Voyage

No comments: