Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Race, Part Deux

Well gang, it appears that I was wrong about mental edge. It does exist. I was fed up with being fourth, so I told myself ass would be kicked, and indeed it was. About a fourth of the way through the race, I was in the number 2 spot. This is to be expected, as our number 1 doesn't really gun it until the end, and I'm known to go a little too hard at the beginning. But get this- by halfway through, I was in first! All I can say is that it was exhilarating. Someohow, when you're #1 for the first time, the pain just seems to melt away, and everything feels so pure and right. Next up was the section of the course with severe dropoffs into freezing water, which I managed to avoid. However, I lost speed a little bit and allowed a guy to pass me, and then the bats spun me out and allowed a girl to get in front of me. 3/4 of the way in and I had dropped back to 3rd. However, the mental edge really started to kick in. I wasn't about to lose to a girl, let alone ditzy Peach. The finish was dirty, and I almost fell off the rainbow into vast space, but I managed second. I guess it just goes to show that if you really believe in yourself, you can do anything.

-OSK

Oh yeah, and the XC race got cancelled.

1 comment:

Juicy said...

OSK on a roll with the posts....

oh, and there is nothing wrong with being beaten by a girl :D