Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Forfeit the Game

Well, summer's no longer on the horizon. Believe it or not (I don't), it's here. And as usual, we all have to find ways to occupy ourselves. Okay, throw friends in there, eating, running, lifting (Yeah, maybe someday), I still have an abundance of time on my hands. I would dedicate it to working on my instruments, but I'm not much without instruction on either those guys. Okay, writing. I really would like to start working on some kind of script this summer, film or theater (leaning towards theater). I've got no shortage of ideas (One great thing about being "The TBK" for six years is that you have an excess of creative plots), but there is one problem- starting. As anyone who's ever tried to write a serious, somewhat lengthy work of fiction knows, creating the environment of a piece is a real pain in the aft quarters. Trouble is, I can write something great, but as the writer, it feels fake because I can see the real life source I've derived every idea from. It's kinda like being the special effects guy for a movie; I can't exactly suspend my imagination, because I'm the one guy in the theater who knows that that's just tin foil and smoke. Basically, anything quality I write looks a piece of feyu to me. Not only that, but any good writer knows to lay a detailed storyboard out before they even pick up the (proverbial) pen (I'm too lazy, I'll type). My problem is, I get an idea and immediately go off on it like a...I don't like where that analogy's going. By the time I realize I've ruined teh story in my haste, I've either 1) marred it to the point where complete rewrite is necessary or 2) Burnt myself out already.
To take a break with struggling with that, I have turned my free time, 100% of it, to videogaming. Unfortunately, I picked one of the most difficult games I have ever encountered, "Diddy Kong Racing", and am now at a standstill there as well. At times in my life like this, I turn to the figures who inspire me for advice.

"Forfeit the game", but there's "No turning back now!"

I'm confused...

-oohcSdlOnognilKl

Invert that, bitch.

No comments: