Tuesday, November 14, 2006

"The E Factor"

I suppose the name is somewhat misleading, seeing that it doesn't necessarily have to be just the letter "e". It can be, and often has been an "ie", "ee", "ey", or even "y" by itself. The point is that all of these combos make a long e sound, a long e sound that has proved itself to be very recurring in my life.
You see, a few weeks back I had a shocking revelation- Every girl that I have ever been attracted to from kindergarten to ninth grade has had a name ending in a long e sound. Every single one. Some people may dismiss this as mere coincidence, but with the running motif of nexus of fate and predermination in our little friend group, I'm inclined to explore the possibility that this is more than mere coincidence, though I'm not about to lay claim to being spawn of God like Juicy does. Perhaps, as J_Vert once suggested to me, I've constructed a self-fulfilling prophecy in that I have effectively destined myself to be attracted to only E girls, but to me this theory seems flawed, as I can only see myself constructing such a prophecy once realizing the pattern, which only happened recently. Is it then possible, that I constructed such a prophecy completely subconsciously?
Truth is, I'm not that slow. Once I realized the presence of the E Factor in my life, I recall realizing it earlier, I believe during winter of last year. Somehow it had slipped my mind since then, and it is frightening to realize that my 2005 year crush was in fact an E girl herself. Now with a full grasp of the E Factor, I fear that such a prophecy truly exists and is unescapable, though recent possible attractions which are "on the table" challenge that claim. Will I be guided by the hand of this twisted fate forever? Will my new subconscious directions for myself cheat me out of possible valuable non-E relationships?

Unbeknownst to many, Bruce Wayne claims to have a natural immunity to indigestion. I just think he's obese.

3 comments:

Gavrich said...

That's in all honesty one of the most interesting things I've ever heard, if it is in fact true.

Do you include celebrities in this list as well? Or is it just young ladies with whom you have had some personal contact/admiration in person, but from afar?

I think it's within the realm of possibilty (but somewhere very close to the edge) that you have subconsciously created this scenario.

I suggest you pick a girl whose name does not end in an "ee" sound, and just either look at her or strike up some sort of friendship; enough so that you become attracted and free from this little rut.

I'm sure it's just a matter of compatibility/rhyme with your own surname...

OSK said...

No celebrities included; come to think about it I didn't have all that many "serious" celebrity crushes even in my very early youth. And if by "from afar" you mean I didn't know some of them all too well, that's true, though some of them have been good friends I've become attatched to, though never started anything with. While I do find a good handful of non-E girls somewhat attractive at any given time, any attraction that I have been truly devoted to or that has been significantly long-lasting has been to an E-girl. Given the power of attraction, I'm sure someday (maybe even someday soon) I will find myself attracted to a non-E girl despite any mental rut I may be in, but for now I wonder if I truly am in that rut or if this truly is a coincidence, which is completely possible seeing that there have been less than 10 major attractions.

And yeah, most E names sound pretty good with my last name.

Juicy said...

i dont think you can have a 'serious' celebrity crush...but it makes sense that you would be attracted to the idea of the self fufilling prophecy, after all, it does end in "y"...