Saturday, September 02, 2006

Time to Rock

Ok, so honestly I only wanted to post to get that hideous photo off the top of my page, as it reminds me that I still must suffer the consequences of my actions (I plan on informing the rents/ making payment at some point tomorrow). The best I can hope for is that the blotch does not prove itself to be a massive issue and that the calc is in good enough working order to last me a long, long time. Well, it's in my prayers.
Okay, it's September, I guess I should do your typical teenage back-to-school blog post. I've come to realize that any way you slice it, school ends up making me unhappy in the long run. I mean, let's face it, school is great most importantly because of how it brings so many awesome people together in one place. Throughout the 9 months of my school year, I'm sure that I'll begin many new relationships and further explore the great ones which already have foundations laid. That's what I really look forward to. When you think about it, do you really think that years from now you'll be looking back nostalgically on how good you were at school academically? I know I won't, which is why (and teachers hate me for this) my philosophy has always been to make the mostof the experience first, and the most of my academics secind.

Which is what landed me with an 81 average last year.

81. That sounds bad to a lot of my friends, seeing that the majority of them are much smarter than I, but the way I see it, I'm in the middle area. Sure, we've got a lot of brilliant(ish) kids at our school, but we also have some academic stinkers. Still, the middle is not at all satisfying, so naturally I'm driven to at least try to get up around an 86 this year, if not higher. Unfortunately, I've found last year that the harder I work, the less enjoyable my experience becomes, and the experience is much more valuable to me than the grades. I'm sure this'll come back to bite me in the ass come college counseling, but I'm going to have a ton of fun from now until May, then a hell of a lot more over the summer.

Time to make this year rock.


WHO'S YO DADDY?!

2 comments:

OSK said...

That, and these days where you got your degree is as monumentously important as it used to be. Besides, being a script writer, I don't need an english degree from Harvard to pitch freelance stories and mail in feature scripts.

Juicy said...

actually, if you go to prep school, ive heard college is a breeze...