Friday, September 01, 2006

The Crapulator



See that? That's my new calculator. Or at least it is for now. It's also the result of one of my biggest dumbass moments of all time- Let me put it this way- Never put me and Ebay together. EVER.
So basically I was just browsing around Ebay, seeing if I could find a replacement to the calculator which I have apparently lost (I still have faith in finding it) when I ran across this little sucker. Now, to tell you the truth, I don't really remember what happened next- it happened too quickly. From what I do recall, without noting the small, small amount of time left for bidding, I placed a high bid just to see which other bidder's automatic rebid would outdo me in case I actually did decide to go for this prize in the future. Well, I won it. I bid, and it told me I won the item. For the first minute or so I was happy, heck, I just got a used calculator for under $40! Then I realized that, while the seller does have a good track record, he also put into action a no return policy, and suddenly that supposedly purely aesthetic black blotch (yep, that BIG one) was very suggestive of other not so ignorable flaws. That, and my parents will probably be pissed when they realize I used the Ebay account to buy a used calculator that looks like crap. Come to think of it, they don't even know mine's missing, seeing that I don't really think it is. In any case, maximum bidding 15 bucks over the current high bid was very, very dumb.
This event was followed by a period of panic, as I now have two calculators I must find/buy (yes, Josh, I haven't forgotten you) and a third which I don't even want anymore. Oh well, right now I'm trying to sell it to the second highest bidder in the original auction. Wish me luck.

Screw you, George Sullivan.

2 comments:

OSK said...

I'm pondering whether I can resell the Crapulator for a few bucks more, then repeat the process with different items until I have $170 to buy those calculators. Hey, I can dream, right?

OSK said...

I soooo gave you some replacement pencils for that! Oh, and you lost the calc first! Then Jack gave it to me to give to you, and I lost it. So yeah, I guess whichever way you look at it I ended up screwing up in the long run.